P day in Malecon Mexico with Elder Guiterrez and
two other missionaries....we need their names.
hair? They are wearing their hair the same. Funny!
It is a part in his hair...wow its been years since he
wore a part...too cute!


This one is for Hannah.....Broadway Theater in
Malecon Mexico!

Wow, is he happy!
MY FAMILY,
Big news! This week about to start is the end of my first Change here in Mexico!! Time has flown by and I have learned so so so so much. President wrote me in his letter this week, "Prepare yourself. I have plans for you Elder Ricks." Saturday night President called my companion and informed him that he will be transferred. I have loved Elder Gutierrez and of course it will be hard to see him go. I have grown attached to all my companions and they are all lifelong friends. Elder G after one change as a DL is moving up to ZL. I will be left alone in my area and receive a new companion. Elder Gutierrez told me that he thinks I will be the senior companion in my new companionship which means I would be training. We will see but I am so excited for the future! We have 3 solid dates for baptisms on the 12th of November. We have been devastated by sacrament attendance. It is the biggest challenge an investigator faces. Our ward starts at 8am and there are not many Mexicans who want to wake up at 8am on Sundays, their only day that they don’t work from sun up to sun down. We have prayed a lot lately to see miracles and I believe they are coming.
Today was an awesome p-day! We went to a place called Malecon and it is near the ocean! I have pictures that I will attach! We went with two members who both are I think 22. They are brother and sisters and I love love love their family so much. Their mother is practically a member but hasn’t been baptized because her husband won’t let her. The brother leaves this coming 2nd of Nov. for Salt Lake City to serve his mission! He will be in the North mission though. I have been a little sick again this past week but right now I’m feeling perfect! The weight is continuing to melt off me. I am having a personal weight loss competition with Drew Carey. Speaking of him... About three days ago, we entered a house to teach a lesson. Their TV was on and low and behold it was Price is Right!! But get this... here in Mexico, they have their own version. It made me think back to watching Price is Right with Mom after I got back from my classes. Good days and even better memories. Every week my memories of home bring less homesickness and more sweet sweet emotions.
Mom! Congratulations on the job! Way to go! I want to hear about how it goes! Man! I can’t believe all the missionary work that each of you are doing! How amazing! I cried when I read in Dads email about Monique. Can you send me her address? I don’t have it with me. She will be baptized. Vickie will be baptized. Mom the family you met at Claire’s if they continue following the good news of the gospel, will be baptized! WAY TO GO! This is the RICKS FAMILY! Six months ago, I left you at the curb on a rainy morning and embarked on a journey. Time has flown by at a sickening speed. But I’m not the least bit trunky. I am filled to the brim with motivation, excitement, enthusiasm, and love for this work. I am in constant companionship with the Holy Spirit of God. I love to wake up every morning and breathe in Mexican air! I will close for this week with these words, I love you. I know I say it in every email like 100,000,000 times but I can’t help it. I try to write my letters with the guidance of the spirit and it seems like every eight words, "I love you" pops into my mind. But its because I really do, and I can’t express it enough. I love you all. Dad, Mom, Hannah, Michael, Chandler, Claire, and Grace. Press forward and continue to enjoy the abundant blessings that this gospel gives us. WE ARE THE RICKS!
Dad!
Thank you so much for the Priesthood Line document! I saved it on my flashdrive! Thank you thank you! I love you so much! Thank you for your letter with inspiring words of advice. Not much time today, but I wanted to ask you something. Can you give Mom a hug for me when you get back to Texas? After you give her a hug, tell her, " That was from James." I love you so much Dad. I love what I'm doing here. As you know, I am learning so much and becoming the man I want to be. I love you!
- - Elder James Reed Ricks - -
This one is for Hannah.....Broadway Theater in
Malecon Mexico!
Wow, is he happy!
MY FAMILY,
Big news! This week about to start is the end of my first Change here in Mexico!! Time has flown by and I have learned so so so so much. President wrote me in his letter this week, "Prepare yourself. I have plans for you Elder Ricks." Saturday night President called my companion and informed him that he will be transferred. I have loved Elder Gutierrez and of course it will be hard to see him go. I have grown attached to all my companions and they are all lifelong friends. Elder G after one change as a DL is moving up to ZL. I will be left alone in my area and receive a new companion. Elder Gutierrez told me that he thinks I will be the senior companion in my new companionship which means I would be training. We will see but I am so excited for the future! We have 3 solid dates for baptisms on the 12th of November. We have been devastated by sacrament attendance. It is the biggest challenge an investigator faces. Our ward starts at 8am and there are not many Mexicans who want to wake up at 8am on Sundays, their only day that they don’t work from sun up to sun down. We have prayed a lot lately to see miracles and I believe they are coming.
Today was an awesome p-day! We went to a place called Malecon and it is near the ocean! I have pictures that I will attach! We went with two members who both are I think 22. They are brother and sisters and I love love love their family so much. Their mother is practically a member but hasn’t been baptized because her husband won’t let her. The brother leaves this coming 2nd of Nov. for Salt Lake City to serve his mission! He will be in the North mission though. I have been a little sick again this past week but right now I’m feeling perfect! The weight is continuing to melt off me. I am having a personal weight loss competition with Drew Carey. Speaking of him... About three days ago, we entered a house to teach a lesson. Their TV was on and low and behold it was Price is Right!! But get this... here in Mexico, they have their own version. It made me think back to watching Price is Right with Mom after I got back from my classes. Good days and even better memories. Every week my memories of home bring less homesickness and more sweet sweet emotions.
Mom! Congratulations on the job! Way to go! I want to hear about how it goes! Man! I can’t believe all the missionary work that each of you are doing! How amazing! I cried when I read in Dads email about Monique. Can you send me her address? I don’t have it with me. She will be baptized. Vickie will be baptized. Mom the family you met at Claire’s if they continue following the good news of the gospel, will be baptized! WAY TO GO! This is the RICKS FAMILY! Six months ago, I left you at the curb on a rainy morning and embarked on a journey. Time has flown by at a sickening speed. But I’m not the least bit trunky. I am filled to the brim with motivation, excitement, enthusiasm, and love for this work. I am in constant companionship with the Holy Spirit of God. I love to wake up every morning and breathe in Mexican air! I will close for this week with these words, I love you. I know I say it in every email like 100,000,000 times but I can’t help it. I try to write my letters with the guidance of the spirit and it seems like every eight words, "I love you" pops into my mind. But its because I really do, and I can’t express it enough. I love you all. Dad, Mom, Hannah, Michael, Chandler, Claire, and Grace. Press forward and continue to enjoy the abundant blessings that this gospel gives us. WE ARE THE RICKS!
Dad!
Thank you so much for the Priesthood Line document! I saved it on my flashdrive! Thank you thank you! I love you so much! Thank you for your letter with inspiring words of advice. Not much time today, but I wanted to ask you something. Can you give Mom a hug for me when you get back to Texas? After you give her a hug, tell her, " That was from James." I love you so much Dad. I love what I'm doing here. As you know, I am learning so much and becoming the man I want to be. I love you!
- - Elder James Reed Ricks - -
No comments:
Post a Comment