Leona Elizabeth Nalder Ricks
July 25, 1921 - January 9, 2011
Dear Grandma Ricks,
Grandma, news reached me down here in Mexico that you´ve returned home. It wasn´t easy to answer the call from President Hansen and hear that he had "bad news." I write this letter to you, with a lifetime of gratitude for the person you are. Grandma, you were so loved, and you loved even more. Your example has formed me and my family to who we are. I have so many fond memories of sleep over’s in your house, hash browns, Chinese checkers, tool boxes, and the stories of your life, memories that have helped me become the person I am. Grandma, as a representative of Jesus Christ, I teach people all day long that there is more to life than here on this Earth. Thanks to the Plan of Salvation I know where you are. It seems far, but it couldn´t be closer. In the scriptures it talks of a plan, created by our Savior Jesus Christ, and accepted by God the Father. This plan is real, and it provides the feelings of peace, tranquility, joy, and happiness that I receive in my life. As you watch down on me as I´m here in the mission, may you know that I love you. May you know that I´m here to make you proud. Grandma I love you so much. Thank you for all you have done for me. Words can´t describe the feelings that will be felt, when, one day, I can hug you once again! I love you!
Elder James Reed Ricks
No comments:
Post a Comment