Painted for me!
Thinking of my family!
Elder Ricks, Estefania, Christina & Elder Rios
My Dear Family,
Another week has passed by and I am here again at the computer writting my best friends! I cant believe how fast the time is flying. It is crazy to think that in 9 months I will be home again, doing the things we do as a family, and starting the next chapter of my life. But for right now... I am here and I am focused and having alot of success. Elder Rios and I were blessed with two baptisms this week! Their names are Estefania and Cristina and they are sisters! The oldest is 11 and the younger is 9 and they remind me so much of Claire and Grace! They are so smart and love reading the Book of Mormon. Their baptismal service was a little interesting... Elder Rios and I were cleaning out the font and filling it up again and the water ran out half way! We didnt know what to do! We didnt have time to get more water or change church buildings so we did the baptism with the font half full! It was hillarious trying to get them all the way under the water! But after a few attempts we mastered it! They were so happy after the baptism. We are teacing their parents right now who are also interested in being baptized, but need to be married first. We will help them be an eternal family. I have told you all before that every time I help a family come closer to Christ, I think of mine. I love my family so much. I know that we will be together forever!
I have never seen so much rain in my whole life. EVERY single day it has rained hard core and every thing floods. It is nice though because it lowers the temperature so its not so hot. I have gotten wet head to toe like six thousand times now and every time it happens I have to dry my clothes and shoes! I put my shoes behind the fridge and they dry super fast over night! Genious idea right?! Ha ha Apart from all the rain, I feel like all I have done this past week is traveled in bus. We went to Veracruz two times this last week, once the week before, and we are going to Veracruz this Wednesday. Lots of meetings and leadership trainings, so its all worth it. This last Thursday, we had a Zone Leader counsel with Pdte. Trevino and it was so amazing! We were 20 missionaries, the assistants and President and we all got to know him and we talked about the mission and set goals for the next semester. Our goal as a mission is 1,800 baptisms from the month of July to December and we are so excited to accomplish it! Our goal from January to June was 1,500 and we baptized 1,515 in those six months! We are excited to explode as a mission and I am personally excited because our zone is exploding as well! When I got here, the zone was very very low, but we have lifted it up so much! The Lord always blesses his servants who deserve his chosen elect. I liked what Trevor said alot in his letter. It is not about the numbers, its about the people. Every one of those 1,515 people are souls---sons and daughters of God---who were baptized and welcomed into his kingdom. Missionary work is such a blessing. A roller coaster as Elder Miller said, of happiness, sadness, stress, dissapointment, miracles, spiritual experiences, friends made, life lessons learned, and goals accomplished, all packed into the shortest 24 months of your life.
I hope Chandler is doing great! I know he is loving what he is doing! The wild boy is in his natural habitat--the WILD! Ha ha I will pray for Grandpa. How crazy and cool story about the nation-wide prayer phone call. I am going to share that experience with my investigators. Prayer is such a special experience that often we take for granted. I will pray for Grandpa as well. I know everything will be okay!
I will get going for this week! Thank you for your prayers, love and support! Nine months, 10 days and counting till the biggest, longest Ricks family group hug in world history! :) I love you all.
Elder James Ricks
P.S:
I wish so bad I could email Trevor and Robb and Jonas, but with our mission email, we are only allowed to talk with direct family. This past week I thought of a great idea! I wrote them hand-written letters and took a picture and I am going to send the pictures so that you can print them out and mail them to them! That way, they get hand-written letters from me! Or if you want, you can forward the photo to Brad and send them to him! Thanks Mom! One other thing... I could use another set of those razor blades. Gillete Fusion. They dont sell a single razor blade in all of mexico that fits the razor I bought in Taylorsivlle, Utah! Thanks! There is no big rush on that! LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment