Follow Elder James Ricks as he serves in the Mexico Veracruz Mission

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Monday August 22, 2011

My Dear Family,

Another fast week gone! It has been a week of struggles, blessings, and tender moments as Elder Rios and I have worked our last week together. He is still with me until tomorrow at about 5:00am, when he leaves for Veracruz. I am so sad to say goodbye to him. Saying goodbye to companions are always so hard for me. They are my some of my best friends and I learn so much from everyone! My new companion will be Elder Gonzalez and he will get here to Tuxtepec, tomorrow at like noon. I am so excited to work with him! He is from Cuahila, Mexico and is hilarious! We are already good buddies because when I was in Catemaco, he was also in the zone. It will be an amazing change together. It will be his first change as a ZL, so it will be fun to show another new ZL the ropes.

This week our baptisms that we had planned fell through. It seemed like everything we did to try to make it work, fell through, and we have just accepted that it wasn't their time last week, but we will see if we can get them in the water this week. Apart from the struggles, I have been horribly sick of my stomach this last week for like 5 days. I have just had a pain in my stomach that comes after I eat. I am doing much better now and am taking medicine for infection and pain. I know the Lord will bless me and my family with health.

I have to tell you all a funny experience I had this week. Elder Rios and I were just walking down a street one day in a little alley and out of the corner of my eye, I thought I saw something really familiar. When I looked and actually saw what I thought it was, I did two things.... First I wet my pants, and second, laughed my head off! I saw a little 11 year old girl, with a Davis High School t-shirt on. I am not even kidding. I was stunned! I went up to her and asked her where she got my high schools t-shirt and she said she bought it in a little store on the corner. Classic. I, of course, made her take a picture with me and I will send it to you. Is the world incredibly tiny or what? I could not, and still not, believe that I saw her, with a Davis High School shirt on. Surely you will all die laughing when I send the photo.

Unfortunately, I have to get going... This p-day has been a little wierd with things we had to do and we got a little shorted on writting time. I love you all! Thank you for all you do for me! Good luck in school as a new year begins! Set goals, study hard, pray alot, make friends, and set standards!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are the Ricks Family!!!!!


This letter is especially for Michael and Chandler:

To my Captians,

How are you two boys doing? I havent stopped thinking about you two this entire week. I have felt like I needed to write you both a special letter this week.

As you start this next school year, you will face battles. Satan tries so hard to get us as youth to fall in his traps. But you, Michael Shawn Ricks and you Chandler Jay Ricks are soldiers and CAPTIANS in the army of the Lord. You both hold his priesthood power, the very power with which he created this world. I want you to both know, that I look up to you both. When I grow up I want to be just like you both are. I know you are inteligent, handsome, spiritually strong examples to me. May you start this new school year with the desire to give everything you can, and rejoice in obedience and purity! I love you both, more than you know. In eight months we´ll be wrestling on a trampoline in sleeping bags quoting Nacho Libre. Get ready!

Your number one fan!
Elder James Ricks

This letter is especially for Claire and Grace:

To my Princesses!

I want you both to know that I love you more that anything! I cannot believe how big you both are. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLAIRE!!! This was your last birthday without me in the house! I want you both to know that as you start this next year of school you will both have so many opportunities to be good examples. We are always been watched and I want to encourage the both of you to always be examples of Christ like you already are. I love you both and soon enough we will be playing barbies and dolls together again! Love you!!1


Elder James Ricks


No comments: