My Family,
It was so good to talk to you all for Christmas! It seemed like the short hour flew by in seconds! But it surprised me that after the call I wasn´t depressed or sad or even trunky! Thank you for motivating me to work hard! I felt like we could have talked for hours. This time of year is so special. I love the feeling in the air. Old year finished, and new year to come. I had the chance to sit back and ponder on the goals I set a year ago from right now. It was about this time that I received my mission call. I thought back on the progress that I have made in this year. I am not the same person as I was before. I´ve changed in ways I don´t even recognize or know how to explain. I feel like I know more intently who I am. What my purpose is here in this life. I have gained a feeling of peace and calmness that I hadn´t before had. I wasn´t perfect before the mission, but nobody was. I love the promise found in Doctrine and Covenants 31. It says that he who is called to the work and gives all he has to the work of the Lord, that his "sins shall be forgiven." That is a promise and blessing I would like to receive! I love my mission. It really is the best two years I will experience.
With the new year coming I have set a few goals! I thought I would share them with my family, because even though I am not there for the Ricks Family Goal Planning Session, you can see where I want to be and the goals I want to achieve! I took a picture of the goals I made and attached a copy. You´ll probably have to zoom in to see better! This year I want to:
1) Read the Book of Mormon 3 times
-Read 30 minutes every day, in personal study or before bed every night.
2) Memorize scriptures
-Every week I will focus on memorizing a scripture to use in the work.
3) Lose weight!
-Exercise every day after waking up. 15-20 minutes.
-Eat healthy and smaller portions!
-Think positively!
4) Write more handwritten letters!
-Every p-day write at least two handwritten letters to family, friends or converts.
5) Write in journal daily
-Write in journal every day in personal study or right before bed every night.
6) Baptisms...
-I have fixed a goal with the help of the Lord of the number of baptisms I would like to have in my mission. I am not going to share it with anyone other than the family. I know I can do it and there is nothing that can stop from reaching this goal but myself.
These are some of the things I want to achieve this year. I enjoyed being able to step out of place for a minute and examine what I need to do to make this mission the best two years of my life. I thought a lot about regrets. Not that I have one single regret right now, but that I want to do everything I can, so that in the end of two short years, when the plane takes off to return back to Texas, I can pray in my heart and tell my Father in Heaven that I gave everything I could. That I won´t have one single regret. I love my family so much. I am thankful for parents who taught me how to set goals. I would not be here right now if it weren´t for you all. I know that this is the only true church of Jesus Christ. I know that through the teachings and gospel of Him, we as a family can be together forever. What a blessing that is to me. I love you all! Know that I think of you always and you are always in my prayers! Before we know it, it will be time to talk on the phone again! I can´t wait! :)
Elder James Reed Ricks
P.S: Give Alma 29:9-10 a read. I love it! :)
Monday, December 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment