Follow Elder James Ricks as he serves in the Mexico Veracruz Mission

Monday, March 26, 2012

Amazing Week :)

My Dear Family ,
 
    What an insanely crazy week it has been! We have been loaded with blessings and trials and the success continues here in Camino Real. To start off the week, there was an EARTHQUAKE!!!!!!!!!!!! It was so so so so so awesome! We were just walking in the street and all the sudden, I felt like my knees were giving out so I stopped walking and sure enough, it wasn´t my knees! The whole earth was shaking and everyone started running out of their houses, screaming, EARTHQUAKE!!!!!!! It was actually just an aftershock, but it was really interesting to feel! We worked really hard this last week and we recieved alot of blessings. We had an investigator that we have, named Paco, come out and work with us! We are preparing him for his baptism! He is 14 years old and really enjoyed working as a missionary for a few hours!  We also had a trial.... pretty big one actually. Alejandra had a baptismal date for this Saturday again, and it is 100% sure that she was finally going to be baptized. But, half an hour before her baptism  on Saturday, she sent us a message to the phone and said that she decided not to do it. I called her immedeatly after I read the message, and when she answered, she was crying hysterically. She didn´t explain very well exactly what was the reason, but said she couldn´t do it. We assumed that it might have something to do with her husband. We will find out tomorrow when we go with her. But the highlight of the week made up for everything!
 
   On Friday, my companion and I went to the hospital. Elder Mathias was a little sick and had had a headache for two solid days and had alot of eye pain and was fighting to stay awake. We went to the doctor and they ordered him to get some rest. The mission house was like five blocks from the hospital and so after we left the doctor, I left my companion in the mission house, and I went out to work, on personal divisions with the mission President! President Treviño and I were companions!!!!!!! It was one of the most special experiences I have had in all my mission! I really learned alot and loved teaching with him!  It was all his idea to leave my companion in the mission home so he could rest and come out and work with me. We cruised around all my huge area in his van and we visited Alejandra, and Paco`s family (we teach Paco's  uncle as well in sign language) and Teresita, a 12 year old girl that we have on date for this weekend! It was really a once in a lifetime opportunity to be able to do personal division with president and it was something really special. I have a special relationship with him and his wife. They really do grow to be like our mission parents here. It will be hard to leave them.
 
    Everyday it hits me harder and harder that the time is going. In two days, makes 23 months. The best 23 months of my life. I cannot even attempt to explain what my mission has meant, is meaning, and will mean to me for all my existence. I am thrilled and excited to put in practice everything I have learned here for the rest of my life! I love VERACRUZ!  I honestly wouldn´t mind living here. :)
 
   Well family... I am so thankful to hear that you are all being so blessed and watched over. I am thrilled to hear about how final testing, Carnegie Hall, and summer plans are going! I cant believe Claire is going to broadway! YOU ARE FAMOUS! Grace: You are gorgeous even when you are covered with Chicken pocks. Chandler and Michael: I have a favor to ask. Get in touch with the missionaries and ask when you can go on divisions with them! Hannah.... Tell that young man you were standing with that on May 4th he has an interview with me in my office. HAHAHAHAHA Mom and Dad... You cant even understand the gratitude and love and appreciation I feel towards you two. I wouldn´t be here in an internet cafe on the corner of Rio Magdelena and Rio Papoalapan in Veracruz, Veracruz with a name tag on my shirt right now if it weren´t for you two. LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! Thank you for all you do! Keep up the good work in scriptures, FHE, and prayers! Love you all! Hasta la siguiente semana!

Elder James Ricks

No comments: