Follow Elder James Ricks as he serves in the Mexico Veracruz Mission

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Hola

HOLA!


Sorry its so late! Yesterday (our p-day) we came here to the Taylorsville library and it was closed due to the holiday. Weird. So we didn't get to email and it was killing me because I knew you were probably stressed. So we took an hour out of our schedule today to do it! First of all... I heard that you heard my visa is in? Is that for sure? When do you think they will call and let me know? I will absolutely be able to call you from the airport. Tomorrow I'm going to buy a calling card ( I forgot to at the MTC because we were in such a hurry to pack) that has 150 minutes on it for $10. I'm so excited to talk to you again. We celebrated the 4th here! Missionaries aren't suppose to use fireworks.. technically... but we bought a few. :) Actually my trainers are the ones who bought them. I think I have everything I need. I might possibly send some things home. Should I send them to Grandma and Grandpa's house first or how should I do it? I'm so excited to leave to Mexico but I am loving the work here. I've had a hard week. I think it was just a combination of different things. But I'm doing better. This week has been one of learning and stretching and growing. Before I forget, if you can, watch the World Cup! Its so much fun to watch! We watched it at an investigators house! I'm rooting for Spain to win! (Mexico was eliminated and all our investigators didn't come to church because they thought God was punishing them... ahahahahaahahaah!) I'm mailing off a 5 page letter today. Thanks so much for your letter mom! It made me cry when you said that Hannah said that about me and was waiting for me to come home! Only 20 more months Hannah! Those scriptures you shared are all amazing! The one in 2nd Nephi 31 is one of my favorites now! Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers! This last week I had my first encounter with food that was too spicy to eat. I literally had to pray to myself that I would be able to eat it. It was meatball soup with jabeneros (habenyeros). It was so painful. I honestly haven't tasted anything since. hahaha But... I'm alive! And that is an answer to my prayers! It seems from your letters/emails that our family is prospering. I'm so thankful for that. Our family is unstoppable!!!!!!! Together, nothing can stop us. Some days, the only thing that get me through is knowing that all I have to do is give two short years to the lord, and, because of your temple marriage, sealing our family for eternity, we can all be together for EVER! I can't help but smile so big when I think about that!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am filled to me eyebrows with love your each of you! My heart aches when I think about not being with you but I know this is where I should be!!!!!!!! I feel like for the first time in my life, I'm prospering. I hope it’s not prideful to say that. It just feels like I know what I'm doing is right and is so good to feel like that. I better go for now. If you could find out about the visa situation that would be awesome! Tell them to call me as soon as they know!!! hahaha I love you all so much! Thanks for everything you all do for me every day! Be watching for my letter! Love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Elder James Ricks



D&C 31!!!!!!!

No comments: