Dear Family,
Here goes another week! Sorry I couldn't email yesterday! We got so busy with running little errands that we just ran out of time! Good news first!!!! This Friday I'm having my first baptism! I'm going to record it with the new voice recorder I was given and I'll send it to you! I'm so excited to have my first baptism. I hope I don't leave before then! :) Her testimony is so strong and makes mine stronger to hear it. Last week she brought 3 friends of hers to church!! She is doing missionary work for us now! Kinda funny! Just a little bit of bad news... I've been a little homesick lately.. Not really sure why. But this time around it’s different. I know the solution now. Honestly all I do to not feel bad is get to work. Chin up and smiling! It’s so true. Other than that, Elder Ricks is doing amazing! I can't believe they gave Dad an iPad! Ha ha How cool! Sounds like the new job is great! I'm so glad to hear about the "Blessing Counting." That motivates me to work so much harder. I also like how you're going to wait to tell me till I get back! Makes me, again, want to work even harder! I know as well that we're recieving blessings from what I'm doing, and I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to do it. Everyday at the end of my journal entries I write, "I love this work." And its so true. Hannah said it best after her trip to Mexico. I truly am addicted to how it feels to forget about myself and worry about the salvation of those I teach. It's such a humbling and wonderful experience. I learn something new about the gospel or myself or of Christ everyday. I also know that no one ever ever EVER told me coming on a mission would be easy. I feel Brenda's and Trevor's pain. I feel like I've been there. Its really hard and poor Trevor has some rough nights ahead of him, BUT...... The blessings and knowledge and opportunities outweigh the trials, homesicknesses, pains, tears, and troubles. Every young man in the world should go through this experience. The world would be such a better place. One of the biggest changes this work has brought about in me so far is the complete and total desire to turn away from sin. I want to live a perfect life. I learned this by realizing how much I love my family. And becuase I love you all so much, I want to live with you all forever. And to do this I have to try my hardest, and then at the very point I can't possibly do anymore... I get on my knees, and ask my Father in Heaven to let my family know back home in Texas, that I love them. Then I stand up, chin to the sky, and work more. I know who I am. And I know what God wants me to do. I'm so grateful the opportunity to do it. One of my new favorite scriptures is in John 15:13. "Greater love hath no man than this. To lay down his life for his friends." I know that the Savior of the World died for each one of us personally. I know that through him I can achieve my goal to live with all of you for all time. I love you all so much! Never forget to pray, read and pray and read more. God is in our lives and I know that's true. Have a great week and know that Friday at 8pm I'll be participating in my first baptism on my mission. I love you all!!
Elder James Reed Ricks
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment