My Family, August 9, 2010
I don't even know where to start this week. I'm sorry if it seems like I always write home about the same stuff. For the most part, this week has been pretty normal. I can't believe how fast it's gone by though! Something did happen this week that is pretty cool though. Last week, the investigator we've been teaching for a while now (not the one who wanted me to baptize her) called us and asked if we could meet her because she had something she needed to talk to us about. We were a little worried but still went. When we got there it wasn't what we had expected. She started crying as she told us she had been reading the scriptures the night before. She told us that after she read a certain verse, she burst into tears and felt an overwhelming amount of the spirit. It was so good to hear this because for the last week or so we've been working really hard to get her to receive a testimony. She had told us that she wanted to know it was true but hadn't felt it. So when she told us that she had felt the spirit we were so excited. Then after that she looked up at us and said she wants to be baptized. Right when she said that I felt like she'd won the race of her life. To be baptized she has had to stop drinking and smoking and move out of her boyfriend’s house. (We're helping her move this week) She will be baptized on August 20, 2010 at 7pm. It is so so so special to be just a tiny part of this change she is making in her life.
As far as tracting goes.... we don't do a whole lot. We tract for maybe an hour or two a week. When we do tract though, we each take turns choosing the apartment complex, building and house number. I'm doing good though. My trainer goes home on the 25th of this month which is transfers so I might be getting re-assigned to a new area. Who knows? I'll let you know obviously when I know. I will hurry and send this for now so you can maybe reply back if you can. I love you all so much! Never forget that! I think about you all every day. Keep praying for me. These are some things I could use help with: my visa, peace, patience, and diligence. I love you all.
Elder James Ricks
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment