Follow Elder James Ricks as he serves in the Mexico Veracruz Mission

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

"I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go"

Mi querido Familia: August 2, 2010

Another amazing week gone by! This week has been one of the best. First of all... the new house looks AMAZING! It looks exactly like I pictured it! I even like the address! Ha ha is there a lot of LDS people on that street or are they all living down on Outer Darkness Lane? Thanks for all the pictures! I really do wish I could have been there to help move but know that I was working hard here too! A little bit of bad news... The lady I had on date for baptism has had some problems. She was on track to get married to her boyfriend (they have to get married or move out before we can baptize them) Right now we are trying to help them find a house that she can rent to live in because she is moving out. Her boyfriend isn't interested anymore. Its been hard because we were so excited to baptize them but then things just came up. It happens though.
I thought this week was going to be way way way harder than it actually was. With Elder Anderson going to Veracruz on Friday, I was thinking that I'd be distracted all week. But this week I've worked my tail off to show the Lord that I deserve to go. I pray that it is coming. I think it should be. Have you called the Offices recently? I wonder how the whole visa problem in general is going... I'm in the Meadowbrook 3rd Spanish branch in Taylorsville, UT. And before I forget, yes... I did speak in sacrament 3 weeks ago and it was amazing. I talked about the Book of Mormon and why it is what we as missionaries use to bring "the other sheep" back to their Shepard. I think we're speaking next week in an English ward again. I'll hurry and send off this email for now so you can email questions back or. Hope you get it in time! Thanks so much for the photos and encouraging support! Never forget that I love you all! Keep praying for my visa to come and that I'll have the success we're striving for here in little old Taylorsville Utah! Love you all!


Elder James R. Ricks

No comments: