Follow Elder James Ricks as he serves in the Mexico Veracruz Mission

Sunday, September 19, 2010

September 17, 2010 Hurricane Karl

My Family,

I´ve now experienced what a hurricane is like. This letter is to tell you that everything is okay and that I´m fine. Yesterday, our zone leaders called and told us to buy food and water for two days because there was a hurricane warning. Of course we did so and didn´t expect anything to happen. Wrong. It has been raining full speed now since 12 am last night. It just barely stopped. Our stake center is under about five feet of water and our house flooded but somehow nothing of mine was ruined. Our power is out and I don´t think it´ll be back anytime soon. It was so, so, so scary. They said there were something like 108 mph winds and pouring pouring pouring rain. Every tree where I am is broken and there are miles and miles of streets and stores under 5+ feet of water. President called us and told us to email our families though, to say that everything is okay. The good about having a hurricane is that it humbles the people up real quick!!! Got to go for now.. more to come on Monday with some AWESOME pictures! By the way.... the work here is awesome!!!!! We have a baptism this week and one next week. I´m baptizing the one next week!!!! Talk to you on Monday!!!! I love you all!



(A very wet and soggy but happy!...) James Reed Ricks!

No comments: