Follow Elder James Ricks as he serves in the Mexico Veracruz Mission

Thursday, April 28, 2011

One Year in the Mission Field!


Waiting for James and Hannah to return!








A letter to my Missionary Son,

A year ago today you entered the mission field. What an incredible year it has been for you as you serve in the Mexico Veracruz Mission! Saying goodbye was one of the hardest things I have experienced as a mother. You were smiling ear to ear and what a gift that was for your mom. How could I be sad knowing you were so happy and exactly where you should be? It has been amazing to see and hear of the growth and experiences you have had on your mission. I have a testimony of the work you are doing and I am able to say goodbye for awhile because of it.

“Your mission will be a sacred opportunity to bring others to Christ and help prepare for the Second Coming of the Savior.”
—Elder Neil L. Andersen

We had a family party tonight to celebrate your mission...of course we went to Chuy's! The year has flown by (never thought I would say that) and the year ahead will do the same. We love you Elder James Reed Ricks! Continue strong as you serve! Continue to smile and sing......

Called to serve Him, heav’nly King of glory,
Chosen e’er to witness for his name,
Far and wide we tell the Father’s story,
Far and wide his love proclaim.

Onward, ever onward, as we glory in his name;
Onward, ever onward, as we glory in his name;
Forward, pressing forward, as a triumph song we sing.
God our strength will be; press forward ever,
Called to serve our King.

Called to know the richness of his blessing—
Sons and daughters, children of a King—
Glad of heart, his holy name confessing,
Praises unto him we bring.

I LOVE YOU!
Always,
Mom

No comments: