Follow Elder James Ricks as he serves in the Mexico Veracruz Mission

Monday, May 2, 2011

Nacho Libre Tricycle Fun!







Yazmin!



My Dear Family,

Another week in the books! What a wild week it has been. We have been super super busy doing divisions with the assistants in Veracruz and we also had a training meeting for all the Zone Leaders that ate up a whole day! I did divisions with an elder from California named Elder Schilhabel and I learned so much from him. It was interesting to see how the assistants live! While we were in the offices for the training, a missionary received a horrible phone call from home. I can´t imagine how hard it would be to deal with what he had to go through. His mother called to tell him that his father had left her and his five brothers and sisters for another woman. They were all members and sealed in the temple. Instantly destroyed. I thought to my self that I would rather hear that someone had died than receive that message. It is so comforting to know that Grandma Ricks is in a better place, but I can´t imagine loosing my family for the eternities. I took alot of time to think about my family. How grateful I am for each and every one of you in my life. I know that we are an eternal family and that together we will spend all time. I am thankful for parents who, despite what the world teaches us about families, have given me the example I need to raise my own family.

I have spent alot of time reflecting on the last year and my thoughts are the same as I have said before. I can´t believe how much I´ve changed. I can honestly admit that I didn´t know why I had to come on a mission one year ago. I did it because I knew it was expected of me and something that could help other people. I never imagined it would have an eternal impact on my life and help me realize who I really am. I am so thankful to be a missionary. I have not been so happy in 20 years. I have come so far in this last year. I am excited and willing to work my hardest this next year and am excited to see the blessings that this work will bring to my life.

I hope you like the photos! I have ALWAYS wanted to take a picture on the tricycle nacho libre bikes they use here in mexico with my compaƱero in front! There is a photo also of the little girl with baptized last week. Her name is Yazmin and would be instant friends with Claire and Grace! I love you all so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We haven´t heard anything as of yet about the calls home for Mothers Day... But I am planning to do it Sunday in the afternoon. We are going to talk with the Sister today at five to verify with her and get her number. She is an awesome member and always gives us food and makes sure we are happy! Her name is Hermana Estela and is an English teacher! I will email you this week with her number and the hour of the call. I am so excited to talk and can´t believe how fast the time has gone since Christmas! I am so excited to see photos of Graces baptism! I am going to attach a quick note to her real quick to read in her baptism! I love you all so much! I am so thankful for the blessing I have to be a missionary and share the gospel with my brothers and sisters here in Oaxaca! I love you all! Till next week!

Elder James Ricks




No comments: