It has been a crazy week as Im sure that you´ve all heard! I recieved a call this last thursday from the Mission Presidents secretary saying that there were problems with my visa. I was booked a flight from Veracruz to Mexico City on Monday morning. I left Monday morning at 6:10 and got to D.F. at about 8 o clock. I was taken by a member to the embassy and there arranged all my papers and fixed the problems. The problem was this... when I signed my passport, I was about 15 years old. When I signed my name, I didn´t have a signature in that time so I just wrote my name in cursive. Now, in August when I went to renew my visa to stay here in Mexico, I signed the papers with the signature that I now have and when the two documents got to Mexico they saw two differenct signatures and obviously thought there was a problem. I had to go to the embassy and testify that I am me and that I am legal and explain the reason for the two different signatures. It was a big mess for something so little but everything is all good now!
The coolest part was that when I was in the airport, I met 3 general authorities! I was there with the the area presidency of Mexico! Elder Johnson, Elder De Hoyos, and Elder Duncan as well as Elder Thomas the executive secretary for Mexico and all their wives! I went alone to Mexico so I didn´t have a companion so Elder Johnson told me that he wanted to be my companion until his plane left! They were all headed to Villahermosa! Elder De Hoyos bought me a sandwich and drink because I hadn´t eaten all day long! After they had left, I was waiting in my terminal for my flight that left at 6:20pm and up came a big old guy from Oklahoma. I began to talk to him and found out the he and all his family are members. He is the owner of an mining company here in Mexico and told me he sees hi8s family every two or three weeks and only has 2 or three days with them. I couldn´t help but share our story. I told him, "Brother I´m not your son. But I want you to know that your wife and sons (he has 5 boys, the oldest about to head out to the mission) really appreciate what you are doing for them. They are so thankful for you and your efforts to provide for them." I cried like a girl! :) I couldn´t help but remember my own dad. I learned alot yesterday. I was interviewed by the Elders from the 70 and they all gave me great advice and counsel when I asked how I can be an effective missionary! I love my calling and I love my family. I was so so so tempted to buy a calling card and call home when I was in the airport! Ha ha Not allowed! :) I have to get going for now, but next week, I don´t believe there will be any problems! I love you all so much and know you are all blessed and protected! I am back safe and sound here in Poza Rica again! OH!!!!!! This week we baptized Nestor and Luz Mirella! Pictures next week! Love you all!
Elder James R. Ricks
Mexico Area Presidency

Elder Daniel L. Johnson

Elder Benjamin De Hoyos

Elder Kevin R. Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment