Follow Elder James Ricks as he serves in the Mexico Veracruz Mission

Monday, October 10, 2011

New area and new experiences


Leadership Conference in Veracruz

My Dear Family,

It has been an amazing, emotionally charged few days! We have been extremely busy but my new companion and I are so excited to be together! His name is Elder Del Valle and is from Cuernavaca, Mexico, where Dan Snyder served his mission! I love my new area and the members here. There are so many things I have to tell you but this p-day we got way way way busy and we ran out of time. I just want you all to know that I am great, happy, and so excited to get to work here in this AMAZING city! Oh! GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got the package! It was a miracle from Heavenly Father that I got it! I left Tuxtepec last Monday at 10:20pm and the member who received the package received it at 9:30! We rushed to meet each other and I hopped on the bus to Veracruz! I got the package! What a miracle and blessing! I loved the cookies and the candy and the clothes and the letters! The banana bread, unfortunately, didn't make it. It got to my hands rather green, but I am thankful for the effort! I am bummed that I have so short time, but I will fill you all in this next week! We have two baptisms this week, Nestor, and Luz Mirella! Their stories will come next week too! I love you all! Thank you for your good examples, faith, and love! I love you all so much! Until next week.... One, big, huge, juicy, photo-filled letter to come in exactly 8 days! You are my strength and my best friends

Elder James Ricks

No comments: