Follow Elder James Ricks as he serves in the Mexico Veracruz Mission

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!!!!

My Dear Family,

I cannot believe it is Christmas time again! The time really is flying by so fast. I almost have 20 months! I never want it to stop. We had a magical week this last week. We baptized two people, Gabriela and Maria. The font water was freezing but everything worked out fine. I am so excited to talk to everyone and see everyones faces. We have permission this year to use SKYPE! I am so excited! We will be talking Christmas eve at 7:15pm my time. I am not sure if you are all one hour earlier or not. But I will get on line Wednesday and confirm plans. I still don't have an account yet for Skype. I will make one right now.

I have learned so much this last week! I started something really cool and I thought I would tell you all about it. On the 13th, (the first day of Christmas) I started reading the book of Luke. I want to read all of Christs life in the twelve days of Christmas. I have loved learning more about his life and trying to match mine after his. I also have been doing the 25 ways to have a Christ centered Christmas that you all sent me! I love it and it has been fun to do each day with my companion. I received the HUGE package Wednesday and talked a little with Elder Hales, who talked with mom. He said it was so nice to hear someone speak English. I love him alot. Great missionary. When I opened the package, everything was unwrapped. Ha ha I am positive that it was just a customs thing to check for security. I think everything made it all right! Thank you so much! I loved the letters and I loved the candy and I loved everything! My companion also says thanks for his gifts. The kid is obsessed with that yo yo. Ha Ha You are all so nice to take your time and send me such an awesome package. I really appreciate it. I have all my gifts under a huge awesome 5 inch Christmas tree!

I have enjoyed serving my savior. I am thankful for the time I still have. I am growing spiritually like a weed, just like Chandler and Michael. I cannot believe how tall you two are. I love you all so much and know you will both be amazing misisonaries. When I get home, we are going to have mission prep classes with dad and James. You will get to the mission, knowing everything. I am so excited to spend time with all of you and tell all the awesome stories I have. I am so focused in my purpose as a missionary and I will run until the end. I had the opportunity and blessing to go to the temple this last Wednesday and it was such a special experience. I enjoyed listening to the session in Spanish and thinking about my investigators in such a special place, but I enjoyed the most, thinking over my time as a missionary and putting goals and plans for the future.

I love you all so much and want to thank you all for your obedience and commitment to the lord. Just like you are all blessed as I serve, I am blessed as you all do your part. I daily feel your influence and strength. I cannot wait to see all of your faces and hear your voices! Its been a while! Until then!!!!!!!!

·Elder James Ricks

No comments: