My Dear Family,
What a week it has been! I have been so blessed and am thankful to be where I am at right now. Last Thursday, I woke up with what I thought was a little flu-ish. Nothing crazy. I began to get dressed, ready to work and then studied. During my study, I felt sick and it was a little hard to breath. Then I remembered when I had pneumonia and how I felt. I called Sister Trevino and she told me to go to a doctor. I went, got checked out and was diagnosed with pre-pneumonia and was grounded to the bed, to take it easy. I had an xray and my lungs are, or I should say, were full of junk and the doctor was worried that I could easily get infected. Here in Poza Rica, there are two things that made it a little dangerous. Right now it is freezing outside so I had to stay warm and inside the house. The other thing is the huge amount of pollution due to all the oil refinery plants that there are. I took it easy all weekend and am feeling just great now! I still feel a little bit like I have asthma but doing a lot better. I am all good to go with medicine and everything. The mission took care of it all!
The best part about this week, is that even though I was only in my area for like 10 hours in the whole week, the Lord really blessed us and we baptized!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We baptized a little kid named Angel (nine years old) and we reactivated his family. It was an interesting baptismal service coughing up my lungs, but really special. He started to cry after his baptism and when I asked him why, he said, "I just feel so clean." That was so special for me. I love baptizing and helping others come unto Christ. I have learned so much in these last few days. I have spent since thursday with the zone leaders and it has been a fun an interesting week. We had the opportunity as well, last night to watch the Christmas devotional of the First presidency last night and I loved the music and the video of Christs life that they presented. I love this church so much and am so thankful for my membership. In my patriarchal blessing, it tells me that my church membership is the most prized gift I possess and it is so true. I am so excited to go to BYU. I feel confident and I know it is where the lord wants me to be. I love him and want to do something in the future that will allow me to always serve him.
We are teaching right now a woman named Elsa. I am not sure if I have already talked about her or not, but she is so special. She came to church for the second time yesterday and absolutely loved it. She told me after, "Elder I feel that everything they said today, applied directly to me." That was such a specail feeling. Elder Del Valle and I are convinced that she is a future Relief Society President. She told me to tell you all hi and that she is thankful for letting me come here to Mexico to teach her. I love her alot. One day, you will all meet her personally. I love the people I teach so much and I feel that that is what has helped me have so much success in my mission. I am so excited to finish running strong till the end.
I need to get running for now. We got alot to do because I haven't been in my area for 4 days! Ha Ha But I encourage you all to make this specail time of year the best. Share with everyone possible the blessings that we have. President Monson talked about that last night. We are members of Christs true church!!! Lets help other people recieve that same gift in this time of year. Love you all more than you know.
Elder James Ricks
Monday, December 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment