Elder Ricks, Luz Maria, Osbaldo, Elder Pena
with convert, Elder Tovar and Gonzales
Serving in the rain....dripping wet!
Loving the Rain! (I miss that face)
Ahhh, Elder Ricks and the Ninos! Love it :)
Elder Ricks and Gonzales on a bicycle built for two?
with a future missionary I think!
My Dear Family,
I feel like five minutes ago, I was writing you all a letter last week! The time flies by so fast when you´re having fun, working hard and in the font! This last week we had a baptism of two people! Luz Maria and Osbaldo! Each one of them are people so special for me and I love them like brothers and sisters. I promised to tell their stories this week and here they are!
Luz Maria was a contact we did Elder Gonzalez and I in the street! We asked to pass by and share a message of Jesus Christ with her and she accepted! The first visited we put a baptismal date and she accepted. 14 days later, she was in the water. I had the great privilege to be able to baptize her. We asked her, "Who do you want to baptize you?" She said, "Elder Ricks!" I was so happy! She is the single mother of 3 little girls and is the legal guardian of her three nieces, whose mother rejected them. She sells perfume for a company called Fuller that is kinda like Mary Kay. She works her tail off all day long... all because she LOVES her children. She is a great mother and a great friend of mine. She said to tell you all hi!! Its kinda funny... I don't know why I thought of this but it came to mind... Her personality is exactly like Tiffany's! Ha ha She reminds me of her a lot! Kind of shy and hilarious! Tiffany was and is one of my best friends and I have thought a lot about all the fun times we had!
Luz Maria was so excited for her baptism. The adversary worked so hard on her. Her mother and sister the day before her baptism told her not to do it. They told her that if she doesn´t come to church one Sunday, we are going to kill her. Weird right? There are anti-Mormons in Mexico too! Ha ha Actually I think there are more here than in the United States! She told them all that before they can judge the church, they need to come and visit. She told them "I am proud to be a member of the True Church of Jesus Christ." I can´t explain how good it feels to hear an investigator say those words. It feels so good and so satisfying! Mike and Chandler, you as well, will love every time you hear the testimony of one of your converts. In that very moment the Lord, allows you to see his children, as he sees us and you feel a sense of gratitude coming from our Father as if it were to say, "Thank you Elder Ricks, for bringing one more of my lost sheep back to the fold."
Osbaldo was a miracle that we found him. One day it started raining cats and dogs. What I love about Mexico is the size of the rain drops. Usually when it rains, its not to bad, but this day the rain was insane and we had to get to the other side of the city so we whistled down a taxi. We got in and I remember that he had the air conditioning on and I was freezing. Osbaldo was the taxi driver and he turned to us and asked if we had a pamphlet to give him. We handed him one and began to contact him. He told us that his life hasn´t been going in the direction he wanted it to and felt like he was missing something. I felt like lightning shot through my body. I always feel like that when I feel the spirit and the urge to say something. I know when I have that feeling, the words that leave my mouth, aren´t mine, but God´s. We went the next day to his house and taught the first lesson and he accepted baptism. 14 days later, just like Luz Maria, he was baptized by a worthy holder of the priesthood, Elder Juan Carlos Gonzalez Ochoa. We have been so blessed and love being together.
I have grown to love Elder Gonzalez. He teaches me so much. I have learned about how to be a better leader and how to love my investigators. I have learned about the kind of husband I need and want to be. We joke all day long and get along so good. We carry our Heavenly Fathers holy spirit, and we bring it to the door of the houses we teach. Changes are in two weeks and who knows what will happen. I would love more time here in Tuxtepec, Oaxaca! At the end of these two weeks, I will have 6 months here! ¡¡NO ME DIGA!! More time than Catemaco! We´ll see what the Lord has in store for me! The work is progressing, I am progressing and my family is progressing! What more could I ask?! Nothing! I am stoked to hear about the rain you are receiving! I imagine that it came from Hurricane Nate right? We caught the tail of that friendly bugger too! I will send photos we took sopping wet, both in the font! and in the street! Love you all and thank you so much for your support, love, prayers, thoughts, and excitement! We are Ricks, tough as bricks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Till next week,
¿Do you not realize that I have had Diharrea since Easters?
Elder James Ricks, the happiest person on the whole wide World!
Elder James Ricks, ¡el Misionero mas feliz en todo el Mundo!
Mom... I spoke with Elder Schilhabel, the ap about BYU application papers. He said he is going to do the same and that President is going to interview me for the ecclesiastical interview! I write an essay and email it. What are the rules/guidelines/themes for the essay? If you could investigate that a little! Thanks for your help! How is your neck? I pray for you and Hannah everynight that you might heal quickly! Always remember seat belts! :)
¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡Te Amo Mamà !!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment