Follow Elder James Ricks as he serves in the Mexico Veracruz Mission

Monday, September 12, 2011

Short on time today

My Dear Family,
  

   I cant believe how fast the time flies when I am having fun and enjoying what I am doing as a missionary! Tomorrow I will have one year in Mexico! I feel like just yesterday I got off the plane and began to sweat. I am in love with Mexico and everything about the culture, food, language, and traditions. I am excited to return as a family and visit all my areas and converts! They all want to meet you!

  I will have to write a tiny letter this week. It has been a nightmare trying to find a computer lab today and we have an appointment at six, but I wanted you all to know that I love you! I have a stronger testimony that the Lord is protecting the Ricks family with the fire! How crazy! Its been a little crazy here as well! I am sure you heard about Hurricane Nate and it was aimed right for Veracruz. Luckily it didn´t hit us to hard at all, but brought a lot of rain. Its actually raining really hard right now! I love it! Yesterday we got soaking wet from head to toe and I just looked at Elder Gonzalez and told him, "I love being a missionary!" The Perez family is doing amazing! They weren´t able to go to church this week for work problems but we have an appointment this Tuesday. This week we will have a baptism of three, Luz Maria, Maricela, and Osbaldo. I will explain their amazing stories next week because they have really changed who I am! This Sunday we had 12 in church and 5 with baptismal dates! Elder Gonzalez and I are receiving so many blessings and we couldn´t be happier! I love you all! Thank you for your love, prayers, thoughts and words! Lets keep working our tails off to party hard in 7 and a half months!


Elder James Ricks

No comments: