Follow Elder James Ricks as he serves in the Mexico Veracruz Mission

Monday, November 7, 2011

Happy in November :)


Elder Ricks,Jose Alfredo Percastre Esteban and Elder Del Valle


Freezing in Mexico ??? This photo is from one night when it was like 3 degrees outside. It was SOOO Cold and I am not use to the cold! I thought you would like the photo all bundled up. An investigator gave me that hoody. Its from a soccer team here in Mexico called the Chivas! :)


My Dear Family,

What a week it has been! Lots of challenges, difficulties, miracles, blessings and laughs! I have never gotten along so good with a companion. I love Elder Del Valle and I am learning so much from him... Just think of that... I (his trainer) am learning from HIM! He is a strong tool in the hands of the Lord and I am stoked to be by his side. We baptized this last Saturday and it was a very special service. His name is Jose Alfredo Percastre Esteban and is 21 years old! We asked him to offer the final prayer in his baptism and it was one of the most special moments I have had in my mission. He said, "Thank you for letting me finally get baptized. I am so happy." 18 months ago, I never would have thought that those few words would bring so much satisfaction and joy to my soul. I am so different than before. I daily notice the changes for the better I have made.

We are really working hard with the members here. There is a huge lack of unity and love in the ward and it has been like this since we got here. They are screaming for an activity to bring everyone together and my companion and I have big plans. We rented Shakira to come. Ha ha Not true. I told that to a member the other day and she told said, "You really got Shakira to come to our Family Home Evening?!?!" Hahaha I love mexicans! I am one now! :)

I want you all to know that I love you. I have the best family in the whole world. I would give my life for anyone of you. I cannot believe how fast time is flying and that it is almost CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its not fair how fast the time flies by. I am so happy to be here and continue learning every day.

For now, I need to get going, so that I have time to finish my BYU applications and write Pdte. Trevino. I love you all so much. Thank you for your support. I loved the photos with the white scrony elders! hahaha They look like great missionaries! MUAH!


Elder James Ricks


Mom,

Check my essays. I finished the first five. What do you think? I feel confident about what I wrote and hope for the best. With my grades and ACT score I believe everything should be good. But fast and pray for me! I did recieve Grandma´s package. I am going to email her right now. It was like 300 dollars of food! I love her! :) As far as anything I need, it could use two new shirts. One long sleeved and one short. If you could find ones like the ones you sent last time that dont have buttons on the collar! I think just two is fine because even though I dont want to admit it, the time is short! I love you mom! Dont ever forget it.

No comments: