My Dear Dear Dear Dear Family,
Another week gone by. I swear every Monday comes faster and faster. The time flies so fast when you are 100% dedicated to the Lord. I love how it feels. I feel so satisfied with my life. I couldn't have anything better. Elder Del Valle are a divine companionship. I love him so much. This last week has been one of the best of my whole mission. Elder Del Valle has really tried to improve in some areas of obedience and I am so proud of him. He is my "son", and I am glad to be his "Dad". I can only imagine how it must be to have a REAL son. I am sure Mom and Dad are so proud of me. That is what motivates me to be the best missionary I possibly can. Pdte. Hansen always use to say, "Be the missionary you're mother thinks you are." How motivating that is. It has shaped my mission and I have received so many blessings from my obedience. There are some missionaries that just don't understand it. It doesn't matter how small or how insignificant a rule or guideline may be... it exists to protect us. When we obey celestial laws and rules, two things occur. First, we are blessed for blindly obeying, when often we may not understand why. And second, we wax stronger in the presence of God. That means, we obtain power to continue doing the right. When we obey, we obtain more strength to continue choosing the right. Its like a drug. We want more and more. Nephi in the scriptures was given power to do anything he wanted. God told him that he was given that power for his obedience and faith in his word. God said that he could level mountains, dry rivers, part seas and do miracles. But the Father further explained that this power or confidence was given to Nephi, because he knew that Nephi would never do anything if it wasn't the will of the father. As a missisonary, I strive to do his will not mine, so that I too, may have power to effect miracles in the lives of others.
This week, was a week of blessings and a huge miracle. We had a young man who was on track to get baptized this Saturday, but ALL week, we couldn't find him. His family had told us that he had began working and was in final exams at school and we were so worried we weren't going to be able to find him. We prayed as companions for strength and guidance and to know what to do. I had to go to Veracruz to finalize more visa papers and my companion stayed in the area on divisions and that night, at about 8:45, they found him. We finished teaching what he needed to know, and interviewed him, and Sunday morning at 8am was baptized. His name is MandaĆ. He is an awesome young man and has had to change many things. I am proud of him for the decision he made to follow the Savior and be baptized. In the prayer that he offered in his baptismal service he said, "God, I thank you for allowing me to be baptized and to be a member of thy true church." I can't explain how good that feels. I am constantly awed and amazed at the love Jesus offers me and the children of God I teach. Elder Del Valle are so excited for this week. We don't have any sure sure sure baptism dates, but we don't deny that miracles exist.
I am so glad to hear that everyone is doing better. I can only imagine Dad hobbling around the house and Grace doing sign language in a cast. Ha Ha Ha I love you all so much. I am excited to see the success and blessings that we receive as a family. Let us always remember him and not let what happened to the Lamanites in the cycle of pride. Mexico's number one problem and the biggest trial people I have met face is falling in pride and forgetting God. It is sad to see it, but it comforts me to know that I can help. I am so happy.
Elder James Ricks
Mom,
For the package, garments new white shirts would be awesome, like 2 or three I think. I don't plan on bringing anything home clothing wise in five months. I am great on razors as well! I am also good on shoes and belts and pants. But I could use new socks. I am good on flash drive as well. Anything fun is great! I am confident with the application as it is. I couldn't think of anything else to put. I will give it a look over real quick. I say we are good to go ahead and pay the fee and get it submitted. Thank you for all your hard work and support. Tell each and every one of the kids that I love them so much. I can't wait to hug them all to death! Love YOU!
Monday, November 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment