My Dear Family,
HOLY SMOKES! Today makes 19 months! Can you believe it? To me, it has been the fastest and best 19 months of my entire life. I am so thankful for this opportunity that I have to serve the Lord. I love putting on my name tag every day and seeing the name of the Savior right below mine. It is a privilege to wear it above my heart. I am thankful for my family as well. More than you all know. What an awesome time of year it is. This is my absolute favorite time of year. Christmas time here is alot like how it is back home: everyone thinks about Christ and his birth. People are more friendly, offer more service, and are more humble, and charitable, just like Christ was. How great it would be if the whole world thought they way they do for 364 days more. It would be a different place. That is what I love about being a missionary. For 19 months straight, I have thought about Christ, daily. I have daily tried to match my life after his. I have taught others about him. I have helped others follow his example. For 19 months I have been completely surrounded by His spirit, blessings and protection. Its no wonder there has been such a change in me. It is no wonder that it will do the same to Michael and Chandler when you both put on a name tag and a tie. You will feel it.
It has been an awesome week! Elder Del Valle and I have really worked hard and we are having so much success right now. We are working hard with part member families. In many cases, we have to re-activate those who are members, then baptize those who aren't yet baptized! I continually think about me and my family as I see and teach other families. We are working with very special people and they are all so excited to be baptized. We didn't baptize this week, but we have one for this Saturday and two for the next. Our goal is to have a WHITE CHRISTMAS or be in the font, dressed in white, every week in December! So far, we are on track and so so so excited to be together. I am going to cry like a girl when they change Elder Del Valle as my companion. He is a Mexican version of Jonas, mixed with a little of Andy, my cousin. Ha ha He is so excited to work and focused on improving always. He has taught me a lot about being a leader and better missionary.
I wish we could all be together at this time of year, but I wouldn't rather be anywhere else. I am comforted and at peace to know that you are all blessed and protected. I have the fondest memories of these times of year. I remember driving around to see Christmas lights, eggnog, Christmas with Delilah, those spiky glass bulbs that break way easy, Family Goal Setting that will soon take place, when we did 12 days of Christmas for the Cline Family, sitting in church as a family the Sunday after Christmas, more annoying Delila, and Christmas dinner. I remember singing and crying along with dad in his truck as we listened to "Christmas Shoes." The other day, a member had that song on their laptop playing. I cried like a girl and remembered how much Dad loved that song. I thought about my mom. In the song it talks about how much he loved his mom. I love mine too.
I am so thankful for the Savior. As we think about him this time of year, lets help others who don't know about him, come unto to him. I promise you continued blessings and satisfaction when we help others partake of the blessings that we enjoy so much. I love you all. Thank you for your love, support, prayers, emails, and smiles. You are all a great motivation to me. Love you tons.
Elder James Ricks
I am excited to receive the package! I am positive that everything will be awesome! I should get the package really fast. In these months, the mission receives truck loads of packages and Pdte and his wife, run special trips to deliver the packages. They make sure that everyone gets it on time! I am planning on sending my package this next Monday. Be looking for it Friday of the next week, or if not, Monday of the following. I am going to give one final look over my application. I felt inspired to look over it again. I love you so much. Thanks for everything!
Monday, November 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment