My Dear Family,
I pray for you all as I read your letters and experiences from this last week. I hope you are all okay and well. I am too. It has been a great week and as always, I haven´t stopped thinking about you all! But instead of distracting me or making me homesick, the memories I have of my family are what motivate me to find more families, so that they can have the same blessings I have. I know the Lord has blessed me and my family as I serve him. This week we celebrated Dad's surgery and Graces broken arm with a baptismal service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We baptized Alicia and her 10 year old son, Bersain. "Bersain" means 'God of Love' in a mexican dialect. Cool right? It was one of the most spiritual baptisms I have ever been in. The best part was the when the leaders from every orginization of the ward got up after the baptism to welcome her to the ward. They all promised to help her any way possible and help her raise her two little boys. She is a single mother and gives everything for her family. She is alot like my own mother. She loves her family. She works every day from 4pm until 2:00am and gets home to sleep a few hours and wakes up early to get her son ready for school. And of course, is a single mother. She has such a sweet heart and loves when we are in her house with her. She told me the other day that since we began visiting her, she has felt more peace and comfort in her home. I couldn't hold back the tears as I remembered those same feelings from my own home. Peace and comfort. She is so happy to be a member of the church and her son as well. Every time we pray to leave her house, he offers to say the prayer. He loves praying and is so sincere. I am going to write down the words of his next prayer and send it to you.
It is amazing and such a blessing to see the changes in the lives of the people I teach. One of the best feelings in the whole world is listening to one of your converts thank you for helping them be baptized. You can't explain those feelings. I will forever be converted for the things I have seen and felt and learned here in the mission. I am so excited to hear about Jesse he has a world of experiences ahead of him. The gospel is true and it is a pleasure and blessing for me to be able to share it with all I see.
Elder Del Valle and I are on fire. We have gotten to know the area good and we are ready to hit this next change hard! I can't believe its already been six weeks with him. I only have 4 changes left. 24 weeks. I am excited for the future and am ready to work and give it all I have. I love you all so much and will pray extra hard for you all. Sometimes I feel so far away from you all. I would have loved to give a priesthood blessing to dad as he is recovering. Or hold little gracie in my ams and sign her cast. But the Lord needs me here. Its then, when I feel pretty far away, that I remember why I am here and I get to work. I know the Lord willl bless you all. It says so in the scriptures---D&C 31. Its a very real promise for me. I love you all. Dont you forget it.
Elder James Ricks
Mom, I am going to finish my essays today. I am also going to get the package in the mail if I have enough time. If not next week. Thank you for your love and prayers. You're the best.
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment