Elder Ricks and Realivazquez at Gabriel Melo Aguilar's Baptism
Missionaries in Camino Real
Claudia and her son Marco Antonio
My Dear Family,
I cannot believe how fast time has flown since last week. It has been a super super week and lots of work to do. This week, we completed a family and baptized their son who hadn´t been baptized yet. His name is Gabriel Melo Aguilar. He is nine years old and reminds me of Wade Young. Ha ha He is super white skinned and real calm and hyper at the same time! His baptismal service was one of the most spiritual services that I have ever had. All week, we took members with us to the lessons and they really fellowshipped the family, and they all came to the baptism on Sunday morning. We had light piano arrangements of hymns in Spanish as background music, and it was just a very relaxed, spiritual service. It is such a blessing to help Gods children take that first step. I talked about that in my talk this week. Elder Realivazquez and I talked this last Sunday about mission work and I felt just like in the United states. We have an assistance between 300 and 350 every week and all the leaders are so willing to help. I cant wait till you can all get to know the life long friends that I have made here in Veracruz.
Speaking of friends, it is good to hear that Robb got home good and safe. I cannot believe he is back now. I cannot believe that I am next. I don't like thinking about that and I usually don't, but every once in a while, a plane passes over head, and it just hits me like a brick in the head. It only motivates me to work harder and reach the goals I have put. This week, we have two on date and two for the 25th! We are working so hard, and really being blessed.
I have learned a lot this week. Especially with the family that we reactivated. I cant understand why a family would go inactive after knowing perfectly the church . But what I do know is how warm and gratifying and special it is to be able to help a family return to the fold. I remember looking at that family in the eyes and only thinking about the blessed family that I have back at home. I love each and every one of you so much. I cannot believe how big you all are. I refuse to accept that Mike is 17 and Chandler 15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Claire is a professional singer and Grace is almost 9!!!! And of course Hannah, is off at college. Too much to think about! We have a lot of catching up to do. As I sit here thousands of miles away at an internet cafe in the living room of some guys house, I have so much to say, but not enough time to say it all. I have been so blessed and I will be forever thankful for the opportunity I have had to serve a mission. I would start it all over again in a heartbeat, and not think about it twice.
Love you all so much. Take care and enjoy the photos! Until next week!
Elder James Ricks
Mom... I thought you would love this picture of the little kid with stickers all over his face. The lady is one of my converts, Claudia and the little boy is her son, Marco Antonio. He is a year and a half, but is about as tall as a 3 or 4 year old! We were talking with his mom, and he looked over at us and had put like 50 stamps on his face. It was a Kodak moment! Love you! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment