Elder Ricks and Elder Realivazquez yesterday!
A very stubborn investigator!
Elder Ricks at the map!
Ripley's Believe It or Not Wax Museum
Vincente Fernandez
Elton John - pretty sure he took this
for mom!
AHHH??????? He is still funny!
Elder Ricks and a Pierce Brosnan look a like?
Christmas Skype Phone Call!
Choir of Elders
Exercising in his apartment
Elder Del Valle and Elder Ricks
Poza Rico
Elder Realivazquez and Elder Ricks
Baptisms in Camino Real
My Dear Family,
GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! My camera works and I can now send photos! It had a wicked virus, but I sent it to get cleaned and all is good! It has been a crazy crazy week, and I don´t even know where to start. Tomorrow are changes, but Elder Realivazquez and I will stay here another change in Camino Real! I am 99% sure I will finish my mission here and that is completely fine! I love this ward and the members and the investigators and the work we have here. We are always super busy and always running but that is the best way to be! We weren´t able to baptize this last week, because the family couldn´t make it to church, but this week we have 1 and the next week, two! We are loving working together and even though it is hard at some times the Lord really always does bless us.
I cannot believe how fast time is flying. I don't like it. Every day seems to go by like it was an hour. I am, however, thrilled at who I have become. I am a totally different person and I love who I am. I have said it a bunch and I will always say it, but deciding to serve a mission, was the best thing I have ever done. I know that the Lord is pleased with his servants and to show it, he blesses us with chosen people who really have been prepared to listen to us. This week, we found an inactive family, passing through hard hard economic struggles and then we showed up. They have one son, Jose Maria, who hasn´t been baptized yet. He will be baptized on the 18th! We found a new job for the mother so that she could attend church with her family and leave the horrible environment where she has been for a long time. She works (worked) in a casino. They are a really special family and I am grateful to have the opportunity to help them.
We didn´t have much time this week, and I had even less for all the photos I had to download and send, but I want you all to know that I love you all so much. I am doing great, excited, happy, strong, and smiling as always! This last week I was really sick to my stomach, and I had a high fever. But I received a blessing, went to the doctor, and I feel great right now! I have just had to lay off the chile a little and eat food a little less greasier. Hard to find food here in Mexico without grease and chile. :) I am so thankful for all of you. Really. I know that we are an eternal family, and that is what motivates me to work hard every single day. I really hope you enjoy the photos and videos! Love you all!
Elder James Ricks
Mom, I will keep waiting for notice from BYU. The Charmin family is good to get sealed and Elder Harmon will also be able to come, but I am not sure when exactly it will be. I will keep you posted. I LOVE YOU!
No comments:
Post a Comment