My Dear Family,
Another week gone by! This week has been so so so so amazing! We have really seen the blessings of hard dedicated work and we are rocking here in Camino Real! We have a huge tank full of really special people and the miracles just don't stop. I have thought alot about my mission in this week, and it has been an edifying experience. The point of this gospel, as I have learned, is continual improvement. My companion and I really feel that we are progressing and that is the most important part. Tomorrow will be our first baptism here in Camino Real. We are going to baptize the husband of a member. His name is Esteban and reminds me of Steven from Nacho Libre. I love him to death and it has been an interesting experience to see his conversion. He came up to us all by his self and told us he wanted to be baptized to enter in the temple with his wife! For the twenty-eighth, we have four with baptismal dates and lots of people for February! I am so happy to be a missionary and love every sacred minute that I have.
I have been thinking a lot about two people alot lately. Chris Hansen and Aunt Amy. Wierd right? Ha ha I am going to write Amy a letter, but I was wondering if you could get in contact with Chris Hansen from Utah and tell him that Elder Ricks loves him so much and is still waiting for the next "Tiffany" album. He´ll know what I´m talking about. I have had 21 long and great years of amazing experiences. I wouldn´t trade my life, friends, family, testimony, or intelligence for anything else. I am so content and happy with who I am. I cannot believe I am 21 years old. Almost! Where has the time all gone? The mission has helped me become a man and I now love who I am alot more than I did before the mission. I have had such great examples. Starting with my Savior. He is my biggest example and I daily try to match my life after his. Next is Dad. I couldn't´t ask for a better father. I don't know who I would be or where I would be at, if it weren't´t for Shawn F. Ricks. Grandpa Young, Andy Barfuss, Chris Brown, Nephi, Greg Gardner, Bryan Smith, Omar Rodriguez, Alma and Amulek, Thomas S. Monson, Daryl Snyder, Bishop Anderson and Howard and Bishop Cabellero (my current bishop). That was some serious name-dropping. Ha ha But really I have had the best examples and I look up to so many people. Sometimes I wish I could just talk to them all right now and tell them how grateful I am for them. I have had a life filled with blessings and everyday I realize that more and more. My eyes have been opened.
I am so excited to give it all I have this week! It will be a great week and I will run till the end. I want you all to know that I love you all so much and I am so thankful that the Lord has blessed and protected my family one more week. That is awesome about the Yukon and I can´t even imagine the memories that will be made in it! Good times ahead. I can´t wait to hear about the goal setting and see the videos and read the plans! I love my family! Not much time today, but a great letter and baptism photos next week!!! Until next week!
Elder James Ricks
No comments:
Post a Comment