My Dear Family,
Another week gone by. We baptized three this weekend and it was such a special experience. We were going to baptize four but do to some special circumstances, only three were able to enter. The work has really just exploded here in Camino Real. We´ve got alot to do and we are loving being together. Elder Realivazquez sure is a great companion and I really do love him.
Today, we went to downtown and we went to the aquarium, wax museum, and Ripleys Believe it or Not! It was so so so fun and I took about a trillion photos, but sadly, I haven´t had time to take my memory card to have it repaired and I still can´t send photos. I feel bad because it really has been a long time since I have sent photos but I will make it a priority this week. I understand how awesome it feels to receive photos and see friendly faces. I get your photos everyweek and I love looking at them and seeing my family. I just dont like seeing how much everyone has grown up! Except for mom and dad, you both look way younger! :) I lost it in the internet cafĂ© when I saw that photo of Hannah and I. Balled like a baby. In his crib.
This week, I thought I would tell you about a lady named Alejandra that we found. We contacted her husband (his name is Cristo) about three weeks ago. He didn´t look to promising so we didn´t pass by their house for about a week and a half. But one day we were close by so we decided to give them a visit. We knocked on the door and his wife answered and told us that her husband had just barely left. I started to say that we would pass by another time, when she cut me off and said, "But I have a few minutes if you´d like to come in." We entered. We began to talk to her and get to know her. She is the working mother of two teenage children barely getting by. Her husband works in the military so he is almost never home. She explained that she was raised catholic but as she got older really fell away from going to church, because she didn´t like how all the churches claim to be the correct, but she always found errors. She is really smart and is about 35 years old. We began to teach and share with her the message of the restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. At the end of the lesson, when we invited her to pray, she told us that God had already answered her prayers. She told us that three weeks ago, she had gotten on her knees in the lowest and hardest point in her life, and asked God to send her his word and a sign. She told us that without a doubt, she knew that God sent us to contact her husband and knock her door. We have taught her about the book of Mormon, prayer, and the importance of going to church. This Sunday, she and her 10 year old son Nicolas, went to the church and loved how they felt. The church is true, its not just some other church, set up by a guy who wants a little more cash. It is the church of God.
They will be baptized on the 11th of February. What a special day that will be. I love being a missionary and finding the people that the lord has prepared for me. I know that he watches over and keeps me safe always. I love him and I love my family! Thanks for all that you do to help me and support me! I love you all so much! CORRERÉ HASTA EL FIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment