Follow Elder James Ricks as he serves in the Mexico Veracruz Mission

Friday, May 14, 2010

2nd Letter from the MTC

Dear Family:

Week two of the best two years of my life! Only six more in the MTC! In two days, four people from our district will head off to the Peru MTC. Everyone in our district (12 elders) got here at the same time. Elder Nelson got here the same time I did. He also leaves the same time I do. He is so amazing. We've had some hard times--some really hard times (homesick speaking). But we've only become so much closer. I love this work so much. I printed off your emails and took them to the temple with me so I can think about what I want to say. Then I can write you back 2 or three times every p day. I get to go to the temple every wednesday. I've gotten all the packages and letters! Thank you so much! We saved the chips and salsa for tonight because we're having a BYE BYE PERUVIANS party in our dorm. The spanish is going amazing! I think I'll write a entire handwritten letter in spanish and send it out today. For this email, I'm going to take the rest of the time bearing testimony.

Dad, Mom, Hannah, Michael, Chandler, Claire, and Grace... I want you to know my Savior lives. I love him so much. There are times throughout the day where it literally feels like he tells me things. Thats how strong the spirit is. I know that this work is hard for a reason. It makes me grow. There has been a few nights where I can't hold in the tears any longer. There have been other nights where I cry becuase I'm laughing so hard. But this is what I should be doing. I look at each of your faces every night before I go to bed. I have the big picture right next to my pillow! I want you all to know how much I love you. You are all so special to me. I want you to know that your son/older brother has a testimony that this church is true. I know that. I know that my family WILL be together forever. What a great blessing. I miss you all so much and hope you think of me often! I'm gonna log off so you can email me back and then I'll email you again later in a bit. Love you all!

Elder James Ricks

1 comment:

Aaron Anguiano said...

Elder Ricks, I just want to say you are amazing. I know you will be such an amazing Elder! :) You are such a inspiration to me!