April 30th, 2010
My Awesome Family,
I've made it. I'M AT THE MTC! Just to show you how much I've already learned, I can pray in Spanish! I want to let you know I've never been so happy. This work is the most rewarding I've ever done. I want you to know that I do miss all of you very much. I think about each of you every day, all day. But I've learned a trick to help me not get homesick. My companion, Elder Nelson & I have discovered that the homesickness comes most often when we are not following the many rules to the letter. I want you to know that I'm following all the rules, the best I can. The spirit is so strong here. Getting your first letters was so amazing. You all mean so much to me. I've learned that the Lord is literally right there if we need him. My first night was hard. I have your pictures right next to my bed. (Oh, pictures will come soon! I'm scheduling a time do take some tomorrow!) Here are some things you're probably dying to know! There are four Elders in my room #343 in bldg. 12M and we're all going to Veracruz! My companion as I said is Elder Nelson from Mesa, AZ! The other two elders who are companions are Elder Anderson from Vernal Utah and Elder Havili from California (He's TONGAN!) We all have so much fun & love each other already! I have two teachers: Hermana (sister) Walton & Hermano (brother) Swiss. I LOVE them both already. I go to 13 hours of class everyday & four hours of that is MDT (Missionary Directed Time) where we basically teach ourselves during personal, companion, Idioma (language) & Preach My Gospel study. Breakfast is at 7:00 am, lunch at 11:30am & dinner at 4:30!!! It's weird but I'm adjusting. (Right this minute we're listening to Josh Groban on Elder Nelsons CD player :) My p day here is on Wednesdays! I have so much to say! I met my MTC Presidency for my zone and the Presidents name is Pres. Rampton and his counselors are Pres. Lindsey and President James Ricks. His name is exactly the same as mine. I kid you not. They are all so awesome. I was made senior companion and piano player. My companion is District Leader so I get to help him with everything he does! He really is so cool! We get along so good. My sheets at the MTC are green, the carpet is gray. Walls are white. We have a window! I’m on the bottom bunk bed. Tonight is the first time so far that I'm all unpacked and organized. It’s hard to find time to do so because we're out of the room at 8 am till 9:20 pm at night. My zone leaders are Elders May, Premon and Fetzer. They're all going to Spain and are delayed due to visas. Pray for my VISA! Oh, by the time you get this you'll be back in Texas! How was the drive? I hope there weren’t any problems!
Man...this is now a day later. It is so busy here! I've lost 6 lbs so far!!! At gym my companion and I run three miles and then do a lap of lunges. I'm sooooo sore! Guess what: I know how to bare my testimony in Spanish! I feel the spirit so strong right now! I wish I could just hug you all. I got your package today too! Thank you so much! My companions were so jealous! You guys are so nice to do that! I just went around the room and took pictures of my bed & Stuff so you'll get those soon! Right now I have a little upset stomach. I'm starting to believe that they pump the food full of ex-lax. Well, I think I'll end my first letter! But I wanted to leave you with my testimony.
Espanol:
Yo soy un hijo de Jesucristo. Yo se' que mi padre' viven. Yo se' que esta iglesia es verdadero. Estoy agradecido papa las benedicionas y mi Salvador, y el Evangelio de Jesucristo. Estoy mucho agradecido por mi familia. Yo amo ustedes mucho. Yo se' que el libro de Mormo'n es verdadero y esta es el palabra de dios. Yo digo estas cosas en el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen'.
****Not sure if I typed all that right****(Mom)
English:
I am a son of Jesus Christ. I know that my father lives. I know that this church is true. I'm grateful for the blessing I have and my Savior and the gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm so grateful for my family. I love them so much. I know the Book of Mormon is true and is the word of God. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
I love you all so much!!! Thanks for everything you've done for me!
Elder James R. Ricks
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment