Date: Wed, 5 May 2010
ITS HERE!!! My first letter home! My p-day is on Wednesdays and I've been waiting so long to write you! I've learned so much already. I don't know if you got my hand-written letter but in it I said that I can already pray and testify in Spanish! No joke! Today we just got back from the Temple and it was SOOOOO spiritual. I cried tho because it felt like Mom was right there with me. I love my family so much. I miss you all and think about you everyday. My companions name is Elder Nelson. He's from Mesa. We get along so good! The food is AMAZING! And yes... I have gastro-intestinal issues. I sleep AMAZING! MY teacher’s names are Hermana Walton and Hermano Swiss. They are both amazing people. Its like a high school reunion here. I see so many people from Davis and I've seen two kids from my mission prep class in Texas! I've got your package with all the candy and pictures in it! It made my day and they are all hung up on my walls of my very lavish 4'x4' box of a room. I've gotten all your Dear Elders and I love every one! The most important thing I've learned here so far is that the person who I was before I served a mission is the man who was called and assigned by God to serve. I don't need to try to be a different person because I'm me. I've also realized that any success at all in the CCM (MTC in Spanish) or in the Field will come through my exact obedience to ALL the rules. Its so easy to break them but the blessings are worth their weight in gold. Mom and Dad... I want you to know how thankful to you I am for the examples you are to me and for raising me to be the Missionary I am today. Hannah... I think about you every day. I miss Genghis so much. How is everything going? Michael.... I loved your letter you mailed me. Even though it made me cry it felt like you were right there next to me saying, "WHAT DE HECK?" I laughed all day. Chandler... I've an overwhelming feeling since I got here to tell you how much I love you. Chandler you are so special and have taught me so much. I want you to know that I will always love you and I'm so proud of who you are. Claire... You are so sweet. I want you to take out the letter I wrote you for Christmas and read it whenever you get sad. And Gracie-girl... I miss you so much. I miss giving you really big hugs and playing with you.
I have so much to be thankful for. My life is truly blessed. I miss you guys so much and want each of you to know that I pray for you morning and night. Oh yeah... I say about fifty prayers a day... hahah But, I really do love you and want you to know that. Thank you so so so much for all the little cards and treats. They really do brighten up my day and put a smile on my face. Thanks again for everything! I'm going to write you a hand-written note today too and send it out today. Love ya!
Elder James Reed Ricks
P.S: My belt broke. And the second one I have is 12 sizes to big... (Sorry Mom) If you could, can you send a belt like from walmart and is nice and sturdy and my size? Thanks! Love ya! My pictures are getting developed as we speak so I will mail them off as soon as they are delivered to our box. They are pics of our room and my roomates and stuff! Love all of you so much!
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment