Follow Elder James Ricks as he serves in the Mexico Veracruz Mission

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Week 3 at the MTC!

HEEEYYYY!!!!! Can you believe its already my third p-day??!?!?! The time is FLYING by here. I can't believe how fast my spanish is coming along. This next Tuesday we start teaching full 45 minute lessons in spanish. No mas ingles. Just to answer a few questions... yes we all go (as a district) to the same class at the same times. This morning at 5 am 4 elders left our district for Peru. So now we have just 8 and its really wierd to have space to move around in the room. I'm mailing off handwritten letters to all the kids today.

Mom, I think about you every day. I want you to know that I'm so proud to be your son. I have the coolest mom in the whole MTC. I feel horrible for just now talking to you about this but I wanted so badly to hug you on Mother's day. Every SINGLE mother's day card at the bookstore was gone a week before mothers' day. I love you so much and am so grateful for the things you've taught me.

Dad, I miss you and your wisdom so much. It seems like when I'm having a hard time and could use a big father's hug, that I miss you the most. But your first son is not weak. I'm strong and unshakable. I know who I am and I know why I'm here. I have YOU dad... to thank for EVERY single success I will have as a missionary. You are my example. and I love you so much.

Family, I can't believe three weeks have gone by. I know this is where I am suppose to be. Thank you SO much for all your fun packages! Just wondering... how much does it cost you guys to send them to me?! I love you all so much and think about you all every day. Even the shortest dear-elder note makes my day SOOOOOOOO much better. I love to go and check the mail and see my name there. I'll hurry and log off and save time to check email again today while I'm doing laundry! I love you all so much.

Your son and big brother,

Elder James Reed Ricks

No comments: