Follow Elder James Ricks as he serves in the Mexico Veracruz Mission

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Little bump in our plan







Our plan was to leave Thursday morning for our drive to Utah. Everything was going great and we were so organized. Shawn and James went to pick up the food from Chuy's for the farewell party in Utah. We love love love their tortillas and creamy jalepeno sauce and salsa! The best here in San Antonio! Grace, Claire & Chandler were all scheduled to be checked out of school early. Hannah and Michael should have been at school as well, but I decided they could stay home at the last minute. I went to take Davis to the Vet to be boarded and I asked Michael to come with me. He didn't want to but I said I could really use his help so he carried the crate out to the car and I carried Davis. I'm not really sure what I did to my ankle but I twisted it on the edge of the driveway and fell. I hit my head on a tree and split my head open and couldn't do anything but lay there. I am so grateful Michael was there. What a blessing it was that he stayed home from school and that he was there when it happened. I hit my head so hard I couldn't talk for a few minutes and my speech was slurred. It freaked me and Michael out pretty good. I finally was able to say "Hannah" so he ran inside and got her. She called Shawn and one of them ran to get the neighbor that was mowing his lawn and happened to be a nurse. After a few minutes I was able to get up and I was feeling much better. I didn't want to go to the hospital for stitches for fear they would shave my hair. It would have slowed us down more too. LOL The best part of the whole experience of falling was that Shawn was able to teach James how to give a Priesthood blessing. He was able to help as well and I am grateful he had that opportunity before leaving. How cool is that? We finally got on the road four hours later and we were even able to borrow crutches from a neighbor for me to use.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sooo happy for you.... you are such an amazing friend ... it was a blessing knowing you...

<3 A girl from math class :D