Follow Elder James Ricks as he serves in the Mexico Veracruz Mission

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Dear Family,

The doctor didn't need a co pay from me. It was all covered by the church. No big deal. Everything is taken care of and I'm just icing it and taking some ibuprofen. Its feeling better already! I wrote Grandma Ricks a letter today actually. I just mailed it out. I sent the Holden’s, Grandma and Grandpa, Grandma Ricks, and my friends. I'll email Doug. Everything is going great today! I wrote the family a big old letter with some pictures and a map in it. I think the girls would like to see the map of the MTC. :)

A few things I could use:
-Digital/Analog watch
-My electric shaver
-Face moisturizer/cleanser

I think that's it for now. I can’t really think of anything that I really need. Get this! Eric Florence and Jake Ames are here! We all met up and hugged! I was so surprised to see that Jake Ames was here and even more surprised I remembered him when I saw him! Taylor is gone and I saw him a couple times. I never saw Mitch. If possible could you possibly get Jonas' address? I have a letter for him but no address. Also, I'd really like a video of the family. I wanna see what everyone looks like and stuff.

Guys... I feel like for the first time in my life, I'm not just living... I'm prospering. Its hard to explain but I know that this is what I should be doing. The spirit is so strong here. Last night Elder Christofferson from the quorum of the 12 came and talked to us! It was incredible. I still like Elder Holland more though! I feel like its harder to email you because I feel like I have so much to say but 30 minutes isn't enough time to sort it all out and say it. So I wrote a big long handwritten letter with more of what I've learned so far. This church is true. I would not give up two years of my life to a fairytale. I want the whole world to know that I know this church and everything about it is true.

Well... I got ten minutes left. I'm gonna save it so I can check for a response later. Never forget I love you all. Next time you get a chance, read D&C 122:5-7 as a family. This scripture has been on my mind all week. Let me know what you think! I know that any trial we go through in life is for our good. I love you all so much. Thanks for everything you do for me! Talk to you soon!!!!!

Elder James Reed Ricks

No comments: