Follow Elder James Ricks as he serves in the Mexico Veracruz Mission

Thursday, June 3, 2010

June 2, 2010 - Week 5 at the MTC

Today we decided we'd not email home before we go to the temple. So I just got to a computer. Good news!!!!!!! My knee is fine! I never ended up going to the orthopedic because the doc here checked out my knee and said I'm good and don’t need to go! I have been stressed all week knowing you guys were worrying about me. But I’m all better! Back to playing basketball and four-square! Sorry for the concern. I would have gone to the doc though if it were a big problem but it’s all good!

So.... how are ya'll????!!! Thanks for the awesome package! I loved it. Was there suppose to be a SD card in it? I was worried that it wasn't in there. Hope all is okay. Our Branch President gave me some good advice... He said when you write home, don’t lie... I'm not going to lie... This week has been really hard. Probably the most homesick yet. Then when I got the package and sweet pictures from the girls it really got bad. But I'm strong. I know why I'm here. I know I chose to come here. And I love it here. The homesickness is just part of the experience. There truly is opposition in all things and to feel the spirit and feel good, you have to know what its like to be homesick and utterly alone. The MTC is awesome though. As always, I love it here. I learn so much every day. This last Monday was our first time teaching
an investigator lesson one in Espanol. It was the most stressful but most spiritual experience of my entire life. I loved it! The spirit is so strong when you meet someone, point to your name tag, and tell them you are a literal representative of the Lord and Savior, Jesucristo. Thank you all so much for you kind letters, pictures, packages, and prayers. They mean so much and some nights they are the only things that keep me from giving up.

You guys... the Lord knows me... Personally. He knows where I need to be, what I need to do, what I need to know, who i need to meet, and what I need to feel. The spirit as a constant companion is such an amazing feeling. I can't wait to get pictures from you! I'll log off for now so I can get back on after laundry is done. I love you all so much. Never forget it.


-Elder James Reed Ricks

No comments: